Monday, September 05, 2005

On my way to Guadalajara

Biz Idea

Well I did say that this blog was meant to be different, so I'll start with an idea that came up a few days ago. Jun was just compiling his dvd collection on a website - http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=darphpinko and at last count had over 200+ original dvds! And he was saying it was enough to start a rental service! And he could be right! He has lots of rare, unheard of dvds. It could cater to a niche market, raremovies.com.sg would be the company name. Not big business, but good enough as side income.

Just some quick thoughts though:

1) Setting up an e-commerce website with credit card facility - $3000

2) Say we charge $18 per 3 dvds per week, to earn $500/mth, about 7 customers a week. Hey not bad!

3) How to do marketing though?

Quite a feasible idea, if we're willing to put in the initial capital and effort.


Travelogue (Mexico Day 1)

Work up at 5 am to get my ass down to the airport to take the United Airlines flight. Checked in my suitcase, but still had the huge backpack and 2 boxes of mooncakes as handcarry. But was kinda excited. After all, it was my first business trip and the first time to Mexico! Then on board the plane something funny happened. Some boorish Australian guy (he even had a jacket with some airborne wings on it) didn't want to give up his aisle seat even though it was my seat. I told the steward never mind, cos there were seats available elsewhere and they were window seats too. Then later, in return, he gave me complimentary mini bottles of liquer!

A total of 8 bottles, 7 different types. Got barcadi, chivas, baileys, martell.... woo hoo! Not even in Mexico yet can get drunk already.

After reaching Narita, took another flight to L.A. Had some time so took some pictures at the transit lounge. The LAX is really quite messy. I had to take a long walk outside the airport to reach the International terminal. And even then checking in was a huge mess.
Transit lounge in LAX

Got to Guadalajara finally after 24+ hours of flying. Realized my Spanish phrase book is going to be really necessary, cos even the airport staff can't speak much English! Met up with Berenice, one of my Uni contacts, and she brought me to the hotel - Presidente Intercontinental. Check out the King size bed! Nice accomodation for 4 days. Not bad. I'll be looking forward to the days ahead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home