Sunday, May 21, 2006

Back home (Terengganu Trip Day 4)

Whilst everyone was asleep, we stayed up to play mahjong. The intention was to stay up the whole night so that we could catch the sunrise. Our place was ideal was watching the sunrise because just a few hundred meters away was the beach with an unobstructed view of the South China sea(east). Nothing unusual happened during mahjong. I lost, TM won. And he still gets pissed off when he wins. What is his problem I don't know, and I doubt any of the gang knows too.

At around 5am we made our way to the beach and rested there. I think this is the first sunrise I actually stayed awake to watch. On many previous attempts, I ended up falling asleep or can't even wake up in the first place. But alas, it was a disappointment. There was cloud cover in the horizon, so there was already a lot of light, but the sun was hidden by the clouds. So we satisfied ourselves by taking silly pictures.


I guess I have to wait a while more to catch a good sunrise.

Watermelon family - The couple in front of me and the kid on the left

We had brunch at a famous kopi tiam, which served a very power coffee, before heading back home. The coffee left me awake for quite a while, but finally I still managed to fall asleep. We got back to Singapore faster than I expected. I fully expected to get back at midnight, but we managed to reach back at about 7pm, so that was quite a bonus.

All in all, it was a very relaxing trip, and I thoroughly enjoyed the scenery. Only drawback was the long journey there, and not being able to see turtles. I wouldn't mind going back there again.

3 Comments:

Blogger Teilexu said...

Mai lah....are both guys being punch Dean??? Hahaha....

5:14 PM  
Blogger dean said...

horhor ALEX mai u know lah!!!!

damn good entries kev
really covered the entire trip damn well!!!

but ya one more.. fruit juice?!
and wat abt the watermelon uncle's story abt the fields in taiwan!!!

horhorhor! HAVOK ALL THE WAY!

2:12 AM  
Blogger Kevin said...

oh yeah the fruit juice stall... more watermelon juice!!

I couldn't tell the "watermelon story" in a funny way, so I decided not to say it.

8:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home