Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Universidad and Tlaqapaque

Mexico Day 2 (Tlaqapaque)
Today was the first day of the conference. It feels damn good to be a V.I.P man! Basically its a Jalisco (a Mexican state) and Singapore economic exchange, but only 3 Singaporeans were there, and I was one of them. So everything was planned out for us, and from the start we were made to feel very welcome. Each of us had a student helper to guide us and help us in the translation and communication. And I must say, the girls are quite different from what I expected.

Adriana, Me, Nayeli and Analiea
I was discussing with Julie (the Singaporean businesswoman) that the girls here had very nice features. I was expecting them to look like the Latinas that I saw in the U.S - brown skin, fat, looking like the Malays here. I was totally wrong! Apparently Guadalajara is a very spanish city, so a lot of the people have Spanish blood. Some of them look very ang moh, so it was very 'eye-opening' for me. I had enchiladas for breakfast, which was very and unique (like tacos in gravy). There was an official lunch, so sat together with the Directors of the Uni, professors etc. Total V.I.P treatment.


In the afternoon, they brought us to Tlaqapaque, a small town outside the city. So I had a chance to see the handicrafts and typical mexican housing there.

Street of Tlaqapaque

Statue of 1 of the Saints

Typical Mexican handicrafts

Mexico Day 3 (Universidad)
2nd day at the Conference. Met a Mexican business man, and we clicked very well. Had a lot of things to share, and hopefully we can have some exchange of business. In fact, he invited me to go to Tijuana to visit the schools there. It might be a good business opportunity, so I may actually have to delay my flight. The University is a small one, but very nice. It was actually the property of some rich family, and the University bought over the land and built the school there. So here are some photos of the University.

The Computer labs

The exhibition area

Pavilion
For dinner, we were invited to a mexican restaurant. Very good food. Had tequila, tacos, arrachera (a mexican style steak) and ate to the music of Mariachis, who were damn excellent. I must say that in the 3 days I have been here, I have been drinking a lot! Today had wine (2 glasses), beer, tequila (3 shots) and chivas at the hotel. When I come back I definitely need to give my liver a break!

1 Comments:

Blogger Kevin said...

Mai lah... even my newbie blog also got spam

2:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home