Saturday, September 10, 2005

More mexican food and drinking

Mexico Day 3
Today was pretty much the same as yesterday. Spent the day in the school, spent more time getting to know the Mexican culture... its true what they say about Mexican families - They are huge! On average 4 to 5 kids, and 1 girl I know had 9 siblings, and apparently 1 guy´s grandfather... Had 21 KIDS! Also getting to like the friendly Latin culture... the guys greet each other with a hug, and the girls greet you with a kiss. Nice!
Went to this interesting restaurant for lunch. "Meat in juice" is the name of the dish. (I totally have no flair for languages, even after they told me the spanish name so many times I still can´t remember!) Here´s a picture of the starters... everything here is eaten with tortillas.

Sausages with tortillas, salsa with tortillas, steak with tortilas, cheese with tortillas... you get the idea. But its been great! They keep asking me if I can get used to the food, but they apparently don´t know we have lots of chilli in Singapore as well. I haven´t tried anything here that has been remotely spicy to be honest. At night, met up with Gabriel, Helen and Ricardo, Gildardo´s friends at the Tech Monterrey. We went for drinks at this popular pub, next to The Nuts club. Damn I must train my drinking skills. After 5 beers and 1 tequila I already felt like throwing up. And they told me they could drink some more. But they were nice and we stopped there. More to come on Friday though! I gotta hold my drink better if I´m going to do more business I think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home